Discounted Rates for SEAOI Events:
- Continuing Education Courses offered throughout the year. Our full- and half-day classes are highly rated by attendees and are among the most economical you will find. Most are also available via the Web.
- Dinner Meetings showcasing great projects and important engineering concepts and materials.
- SE Exam Review Course offered by SEAOI is highly acclaimed and has helped attendees succeed on the SE Exam. This extensive course has been expanded to 45 sessions and is available online or in-person.
- Trade Shows featuring the best suppliers and manufacturers of products, software and services.
- Bridge and Structures Symposia, day-long events featuring a keynote address, several short presentations, and opportunities to interact with exhibitors.
- Recorded Webinars offer on-demand education. Some webinars are free to members; other offer discounted rates for CE credit.
Public Outreach and Volunteering Opportunities are available to members through our participation in various programs like E-Week, Future City Competition, Science Fairs, CANstruction and Engineering Career Days. These avenues are wonderful sources for disseminating into the public the important work that the Structural Engineer does.
SEAOI's Quarterly Bulletin, featuring news about the practice of engineering, technical discussions, Continuing Education courses, job opportunities, and other information.
Illinois Legislative Watch, monitoring and safeguarding legislative activities that may affect the profession through the Government Affairs Committee. Our activities in this area also include protecting the Illinois Structural Engineering Act.
Membership in NCSEA, the National Council of Structural Engineering Associations, including a subscription to STRUCTURE Magazine.
Check out David Nickell, SEAOI President 2018-2019, talking about our Leadership Board in the video above!
The Young Engineers Committee offers activities for SEs newer to the profession, including panel discussions, social events, visits to construction projects, and volunteer and mentor opportunities.
Attendance at SEF (Structural Engineers Foundation) Spring and Fall Lectures. These lectures feature nationally recognized experts in the Structural Engineering field.
Access to the SEAOI Library, a collection of materials that includes historical references and first editions of significant publications.
Networking Opportunities at our events. These opportunities can lead to job advancement and career moves. Connect with SEs from all over the state at SEAOI events; develop leads and business potential!
Career Management events and workshops where distinguished and renowned individuals in the field offer advice on job hunting and career advancement.
Access to the SEAOI Member Directory of 800+ members, and a Reference List with easy-to-find information on Affiliated and Trade organizations.
For members of our Central Illinois Chapter, special dues structure and voluntary Chapter contribution.