1. SEAOI Membership
A member of the design team or a principal of the firm submitting the entry must be a current SEAOI member in good standing, or a neighboring state SEA member for entries in the Best Neighboring State category. Submitting a Membership Application at the time of entry will satisfy this requirement.
Projects completed since January 2018 are eligible, and projects must be completed or under construction as of January 1, 2019 to be considered. Incomplete projects must be sufficiently complete to clearly show the basic design of the structural system.
3. Required Materials
Entries are required to include the following materials:
- Completed online entry The online entry form is hosted by Google, and a Google account is required to upload files. If you do not have (or wish to use) a Google account, please contact Staff@SEAOI.org for alternate submission arrangements.
- Concise description of the project, outlining its significant attributes as they relate to the judging criteria (500-word maximum)
- Up to 5 photos, plans or sketches - uploaded to the online form
- Entry fee of $400 (waived for Lavicka Award) submitted through Registration - Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards 2019 on the right sidebar.
Project finalists will be expected to present the project at the SEAOI May Dinner Meeting on Tuesday, May 7, 2019, in Chicago, and must provide the following:
- A 36x24-inch board representing the project for display at the Dinner Meeting. The board will be kept by SEAOI for display at the Awards Banquet on June 22, 2019.
- Digital photos representing the project (300 dpi minimum).
- Unconditional release of photos for publication purposes. Credits should be properly noted.
4. Deadline for Entries
Complete entries must be received by Monday, March 25.
The awards will be announced at the Annual Banquet on June 22, 2019, which has a separate registration fee.
If you would like to compile necessary submission information prior to submitting your entry online, a worksheet is available here.