Join Us for an Evening Celebrating Structural Engineering at The Old Post Office!
The SEAOI Awards Banquet is the highlight of our program year, as SEAOI members, colleagues, spouses, and friends gather to celebrate the profession of structural engineering. We will announce the winners of the Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards, and honor individuals with the John F. Parmer Award, the SEAOI Service Award, the Outstanding Young Engineer Award and the Excellence in Engagement Award.
This year's program will be held at The Old Post Office, featuring a beautifully remodeled event space, pool tables, bocce court and beautiful views of the city and river.
The Old Post Office
433 W Van Buren Street
We hope to see you there!
Old Post Office Image courtesy of Joni Kat Anderson Photographics
Easily accessible by CTA and a short walk from Union Station and Ogilvy Transportation Center; parking lot adjacent to the building is $15
2020 Banquet Menu
- Summer Asparagus and Greens Salad
- Grilled Zucchini, Summer Squash, Green and White Asparagus
- Mixed Greens in Cucumber Collar with Edible Flower
- Herbed Dijon Dressing
Entrée - Choose One
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Rosemary and Thyme Potatoes Savoyard, Snap Peas, Baby Carrots
- Rosemary-Cherry Gastrique, topped with Fresh Thyme
- Roasted Mahi Mahi with Carrot Puree Smear, Potatoes Savoyard, Snap Peas, Baby Carrots
- Citrus Sauce
- Roasted Cauliflower Steak with Roasted Fennel, Apple, Cilantro, Truffled Fingerling Potatoes
- Spicy Romesco (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Salted Caramel Delice
- Shortbread Biscuit, Vanilla Bean Crème Brulee, Chocolate Cream
- Salted Caramel, Roasted Macron Almonds
5:30 – 6:30 pm – cocktails/ hors d'oeuvres
6:30 pm – dinner service begins
7:00 – 8:30 pm – Awards presentation
8:30 – 10 pm – cocktails/bocce and pool tables open
10 pm event concludes