The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois is pleased to announce the 2021 SEAOI Virtual Trade Show Series. The event provides a forum for engineers and architects to attend informative presentations. Attendees typically represent a diverse cross-section of all aspects of the profession including: design, construction management, material suppliers, academia, general contracting, and owners’ representation.
April 21, 2021
|12:00pm - 12:30pm|| Aeos: The Next Evolution in Structural Steel
Dennis Pilarczyk, NUCOR
|12:30pm - 1:00 pm|| Unique Steel Solutions for Complex Connection Details
Michael Gray, Cast Connex
|1:00 pm - 1:30 pm|| BONUS BREAKOUT SESSION
Michael Gray and Jennifer Pazdon, Cast Connex
April 28, 2021
|12:00pm - 12:30pm|| High-Rise Façade Inspection and Confined Space
Inspection Using Drone Technology
Ted Parisot, Helios Visions
|12:30pm - 1:00pm|| Design, Construction, & Applications of the
T-WALL® Retaining Wall System for Railroads in Chicago
Kamal Dixit, The Reinforced Earth Company
|1:00pm - 1:30pm|| Efficient Designs into Concrete
with Advanced Base Plate Design
Nishan Pethiyagoda, Hilti
|1:30 pm - 2:00 pm|| BONUS BREAKOUT SESSION
Nishan Pethiyagoda, Hilti
- SEAOI Members FREE
- Non-Members $10
Interested in sponsoring, but not presenting?
Sponsor Benefits – Bronze -- $300
- Sponsor logo inclusion and recognition as a Bronze Sponsor in SEAOI’s marketing efforts (email blasts, Tuesday Update, SEAOI website, etc.) to over 2,400 structural engineers and members of the built world
- Sponsor logo and recognition as a Bronze Sponsor on all Welcome and Thank You slides
- Five complimentary registrations to event
Sponsor Benefits – Silver -- $500
- Sponsor logo inclusion and recognition as a Silver Sponsor in SEAOI’s marketing efforts (email blasts, Tuesday Update, SEAOI website, etc.) to over 2,400 structural engineers and members of the built world
- Sponsor logo and recognition as a Silver Sponsor on all Welcome and Thank You slides
- One SEAOI Tuesday Update Ad (date TBD by both parties)
- Ten complimentary registrations to event
Sponsor Benefits – Gold -- $800
- Sponsor logo inclusion and recognition as a Gold Sponsor in SEAOI’s marketing efforts (email blasts, Tuesday Update, SEAOI website, etc.) to over 2,400 structural engineers and members of the built world
- Sponsor logo and recognition as a Gold Sponsor on all Welcome and Thank You slides
- Dedicated sponsor email blast to SEAOI audience (date TBD by both parties)
- Two SEAOI Tuesday Update Ads (date TBD by both parties)
- 20 complimentary registrations to event
Interested in a one-hour Lunch and Learn presentation?
- Date flexibility
- Co-branded Lunch and Learn event
- Free to all attendees
- Past Lunch and Learn events have earned 190 – 320 registrations
- 55-minute presentation; 5 minutes Q & A
- Session will be recorded
- Quiz for session will allow CE credit to be given for recording
- Recordings added to SEAOI Webinar page/promoted
- Promoted as an SEAOI Lunch and Learn event
- Dedicated event landing and registration pages
- Included in all Tuesday Updates prior to event live date
- At least two dedicated email blasts
About the Speakers
Dennis Pilarczyk, Jr., PE, CWI - Manager of Building Solutions
Dennis Pilarczyk, PE, CWI is the Manager of Building Solutions with Nucor’s new Construction Solutions team. Before joining Nucor, Dennis spent two years as a Structural Steel Specialist with AISC and prior to that was a practicing structural engineer in the Southeast for 14 years. Dennis lives in Raleigh, North Carolina, has held Professional Engineering licensure in NC, SC, TN, GA and is an active member of the Structural Engineers Association of North Carolina.
Aeos: The Next Evolution in Structural Steel
High strength structural steel is not a new concept, however the advantages of ASTM A913 have not been fully realized or embraced by the structural design community. As the sole producer of A913 steel in North America, Nucor is excited to share their new name for this revolutionary steel – Aeos. Available in yield strengths of 50, 65 and 70 ksi, there are applications in nearly every vertical construction project to discover the benefits of Aeos. Offering high strength, good ductility, proven weldability and enhanced toughness, Aeos steel is an exceptional choice for many structural design and construction applications. Typical uses include gravity columns, chord members of long-span trusses and bridge girders, as well as situations where seismic design is a critical factor.
Michael Gray Ph.D., P.Eng - Executive Vice President
Michael is a co-founder and Executive VP of Cast Connex. He possesses a Doctorate in Civil Engineering and has co-developed several patented devices for seismic performance of steel structures.
Unique Steel Solutions for Complex Connection Details
Use of steel castings and engineered forgings in building and bridge design is ever increasing. The freeform geometry inherent in the steel casting manufacturing process has led to castings becoming a preferred solution for architecturally exposed steel connections. However, freedom of geometry and material properties can also be leveraged to provide elegant solutions to the most difficult engineering challenges.
Ted Parisot - Co-Founder
Ted Parisot is Co-Founder and CMO of Helios Visions as well as a member of the CompTIA Drone Advisory Council. Helios Visions is a professional Drone Services that provides aerial data collection (videos, photos, infrastructure inspection) building project/site inspection, façade images,) to many types of organizations including: engineers, developers, façade/infrastructure inspection companies, as well as building and property managers throughout the United States. With many notable waivers including: Part 107 Operations over people & Operations at night, Helios Visions places paramount emphasis on safe and legal drone operations.
High-Rise Façade Inspection and Confined Space Inspection Using Drone Technology
This presentation examines the advantages of using drone technology for infrastructure inspection, in this case high-rise façade inspection and confined space inspection through two projects: The Mies van der Rohe designed vertical smokestack at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) and the high-rise façade inspection via drone.
Kamal Dixit - Geotechnical Engineer
The Reinforced Earth Company
Mr. Dixit has over twenty five years of experience in engineering, design, construction and project management. Before he joined The Reinforced earth Company in 2018, he worked for the Neel Company for twenty one years. Mr. Dixit
Design, Construction, & Applications of the T-WALL® Retaining Wall System for Railroads in Chicago
The presentation will provide the benefits in terms of construction time and cost that can be achieved by the use of T-wall for Chicago Railroad projects. Geotechnical considerations in terms of bearing capacity, global stability, and total and differential settlement that should be addressed so that T wall can be used on Chicago area soils are also provided.
Nishan Pethiyagoda - Lead Field Engineer
Nishan Pethiyagoda is a Lead Field Engineer at Hilti North America. He has 25 years of experience with post-installed anchor systems having been involved with various aspects of fastening solutions from engineering design to product development and marketing. Nishan holds a bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering and a master’s degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin.
Efficient Designs into Concrete with Advanced Base Plate Design
The workflow for steel to concrete connection design has been a tedious process requiring many steps and transfer of information between several different software. This presentation will address how software integrations and advanced base plate analysis can help perform the designs more efficiently and safely.