We are delighted to once again participate in the AIA Prairie Grassroots Legislative Day, scheduled for Tuesday March 28th. We have space for 20 members to attend, free of charge, and it is such a well-received event I hope many of you are able to participate.
This is an incredible opportunity to make the voice of the structural engineering community heard in Springfield, to establish a relationship with your legislators, and to enhance our relationship with AIA. AIA has made it extremely easy for us to participate:
- A chartered motor coach leaves the Merchandise Mart around 7:30 the morning of the 28th
- Lunch in Springfield with other attendees from your district
- Last year’s presentations during lunch included a how-to-lobby lesson, and presentations about issues affecting the architecture and engineering communities and how our legislators were treating them.
- Two-hour window after lunch for coordinated visits with legislators and agency officials
- It is strongly encouraged to schedule a meeting time with your legislators.
- Cocktail reception
- Depart Springfield for the Merchandise Mart around 6:30 pm
To reserve your spot, please email Mary Jane Davis at email@example.com by March 17th.