This seminar gives an overview on the recently published Design Guide on the ACI 318 Building Code for Structural Concrete by the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute.
The purpose of the Design Guide is to assist in the proper application of the provisions in the 2019 edition of Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318-19) for cast-in-place concrete buildings with nonprestressed reinforcement. The main goals of the seminar are to provide:
- A simplified roadmap that can be used to navigate through the updated ACI 318 requirements
- Step-by-step design procedures and design aids that make designing and detailing reinforced concrete buildings simpler and faster
Design and detailing of the following structural members are covered for buildings assigned to Seismic Design Categories A through F with emphasis placed on the revisions made in ACI 318-19:
- One-way slabs
- Two-way slabs
- Foundations (shallow and deep)
- Beam-column and slab-column joints
- Earthquake-resistant structures (SDC B and C)
- Earthquake-resistant structures (SDC D, E, and F)
Design aids, flowcharts, and worked-out examples are presented that illustrate the design and detailing requirements. Included are examples not commonly found in other reinforced concrete resources.
Attendees will receive 8 CE hours.
This Webinar will be broken into four sessions of two hours each from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm:
- Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Thursday, September 17, 2020
- Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Member - $325
- Non-Members - $500
About the Speaker
David A. Fanella, Ph.D., S.E., P.E., F.ACI, F.ASCE, F.SEI
David is the Senior Director of Engineering at the Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute. He has 30 years of experience in the design of a wide variety of buildings and other structures. David has authored numerous technical publications and is a member of several ACI Committees. He also serves on ASCE Committee 7, Minimum Design Loads for Buildings and Other Structures. In 2014, he was the recipient of the Alfred E. Lindau Award from the American Concrete Institute for outstanding contributions to reinforced concrete design practice. David is a licensed structural and professional engineer in Illinois and is a past board member and president of the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.