Are you ready to take your design skillz to another level?
Calling all Future SEs!
Introduce friends and family to the glamorous world of gravity support and lateral force resistance?
Join us for the First Annual SEAOI Gingerbread Structure Competition!
Participants have until December 14th to purchase their own building material (traditional gingerbread house materials only - if it’s not edible, it’s not eligible!), design and build their structure (help from family members is encouraged!), name their creation, and upload finished construction photos. Finished designs do not require an SE stamp.
- Name and email of Structural Engineer (i.e. SEAOI member)
- Name of Design Team: Owner, Architect, and Contractor (optional)
- Photo of finished structure (photos of “construction” progress and the “design team” are encouraged!)
- Name of Gingerbread Structure
- Submit entries here by 10 pm on 12/14
Structures will be judged by the SEAOI Building Codes Committee and winners will be selected for each of the following categories:
- Best Bridge
- Best Building
- Most Creative Name
- Most Creative Use of Building Materials
Winners will be announced on December 17th and each of the 4 winners will receive a $50 gift card (winner's choice!).