Rebuilding Together is a national organization dedicated to community revitalization where volunteers join forces to fix up homes that have fallen into disrepair due to lack of resources and/or abilities of the homeowners. On Saturday, April 28th, SEAOI will be joining hundreds of organizations across the city and across the country on National Rebuilding Together Day in sponsoring the home of Ms. Douglas of Bellwood, IL. To truly make a difference to Ms. Douglas, SEAOI is looking for the most important component of all: YOU!
Some of the activities the volunteers will be completing in Ms. Douglas’ home are:
- Wall repair and patching
- Indoor and outdoor stair railing installation
- Safety grab bar installation
- Smoke/carbon monoxide detector installation
- Door handle upgrades
- Assisting skilled laborers with minor plumbing and electrical work
Family members and significant others are welcome to join on Rebuild Day, but ALL VOLUNTEERS must be registered on SEAOI’s website.
Lunch will be provided and all volunteers will be expected to wear a Rebuilding Together t-shirt (distributed at the house).
Rebuilding Together will be providing transportation to/from Chicago/Bellwood on event day. Busses will depart from the Tool Bank located at 1500 S Western Avenue between 7-7:30 AM and will return to that location in the afternoon. Volunteers may park at the Tool Bank for the duration of the day.
Utilizing this transportation is strongly encouraged as very limited street parking is available in the Bellwood neighborhood.
- Who: You are helping Ms. Douglas
- What: Minor repairs and cosmetic upgrades to Ms. Douglas’ home
- Where: Bellwood, IL (the exact address will be shared with volunteers prior to Rebuild Day)
- When: Saturday, April 28th, 2018, 8 AM – 4:30 PM
- Why: Because giving back through community involvement is one of the most rewarding things you can participate in!
If you are interested in volunteering on National Rebuilding Together Day, please RSVP with the link on the right tab. You will have the option to make a donation at that time.
If you cannot attend but would like to make a donation to support this event, please use the donation link on the right tab.