SEAOI 2019-2020 Membership Now Open!
Join or renew today!
The Structural Engineers Association of Illinois (SEAOI) champions excellence for its members in the practice of Structural Engineering.
-- SEAOI Mission Statement, February 2017
Membership in SEAOI serves your professional and personal development through affiliation with a like-minded community of over 800 committed people working together to increase the visibility and respect of the structural engineering profession.
Join your peers and industry leaders at SEAOI events, receive discounts on SEAOI technical courses and symposia, access to the Illinois Legislative Watch, membership in NCSEA and much more.
The SEAOI membership year runs from July 1 through June 30th each year. Members who join or renew before June 30, 2019 will enjoy membership through June 30, 2020 and be entered into a raffle for a $100 Amazon gift certificate*.
What have you done for me lately?
SEAOI and our engaged,dedicated volunteers have been working hard for our members over the past year! Highlights of the past membership year include:
- Successfully negotiated the bill, currently awaiting Governor Pritzker's signature, that will extend the sunset of the Structural Engineering Renewal Act to 2030
- EXCELLENT EDUCATIONAL EVENTS
- Delivered 16 continuing education events, including Symposia and Trade Shows, reaching over 700 attendees
- Hosted 500 attendees at seven Dinner Meetings which discussed incredible new projects, Excellence in Structural Engineering Finalists and the philosphy of how we're all connected
- Launched the first Structural Engineering River Cruise on the Chicago River
- Discussed steel tariffs at the GAC Luncheon
- Another successful Refresher Course, dleivering 46 sessions to the newest crop of future structural engineers
- PRICELESS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Three SEAOI Book Club meetings, learning how to be a better leader, do more great work and instill calm
- Speed Mentoring event
- Willis Tower Site visit
- NCSEA Summit Scholarships
- OUTSTANDING OUTREACH
- Spread the excitement for structural engineering to over 2,000 children and parents at the DuPage County STEM Expo
- Added three new models and a shake table to our library for outreach events
- Participated as a team in Rebuilding Together
- Volunteered at Greater Chicago Food Depository
- SUPER SOCIAL
- Two Happy Hour events
- Increased social media activity on Facebook and LinkedIn (thanks YEC!)
- Escape Room outing
SEAOI. All we're missing is YOU!
SEAOI member benefits include:
- Discounted pricing on all SEAOI events
- Public outreach and volunteering opportunities
- Illinois Legislative Watch
- Membership in NCSEA
- subscription to Structures Magazine
- Access to the SEAOI library
- Access to the SEAOI Member Directory
- Inclusion in Find a Structural Engineer Directory
- Joining the ranks of over 800 of your fellow engineers to protect and propel excellence in the practice of structural engineering
* Student, Life, and subsidized memberships are not eligible for this promotion.