The SEAOI Refresher course is an in-depth review of structural engineering principles and their applications to prepare candidates for the NCEES Structural Engineer Exam. Classes are taught by structural engineers with experience as university faculty and in professional practice. Content areas have been re-structured for better alignment with the NCEES SE Exam specifications. Recorded content is also now available for both the April and October SE exams. Licensed engineers can also register for one or more content areas and receive continuing education credits for each hour of class.
SEAOI offers the most comprehensive SE Exam Review Course available:
- Class consists of 47 sessions in 7 content areas, over 80 hours of instruction time
- All sessions available online, streaming live and recorded for on-demand
- Recorded sessions available through the April SE Exam 2020
- Recorded sessions will be available again September 28, 2020 through the October SE Exam 2020 to prep for the October 2020 exam
- Refresher Class recordings/materials are unavailable between April 19, 2020 and September 28, 2020
- Content areas have been re-structured for better alignment with the NCEES SE Exam specifications
- Highly experienced instructors with background in practice and academia
FULL COURSE: $1450 for members; $1700 for non-members.
CONTENT AREA REGISTRATION: $85 per class session for members; and $110 per session for non-members
- Geotech (3 sessions) - $255 members, $330 non-members
- Seismic/Wind (9 sessions) - $765 members, $990 non-members
- Bridge (7 sessions) - $595 members, $770 non-members
- Steel (10 sessions) - $850 members, $1,100 non-members
- Concrete (8 sessions) - $680 members, $880 non-members
- Wood (6 sessions) - $510 members, $660 non-members
- Masonry (4 sessions) - $340 members, $440 non-members
Contact SEAOI if you are interested in registering for one or more content areas.
No refunds will be granted after the course begins on September 26th.
CE credit is calculated based on the time the course meets. Each class session is 1.75 hours long, and CE credit is granted in half-hour increments. The full course offers 80.5 hours of CE credit, and individual content areas are calculated by the number of sessions multiplied by 1.75 hours, rounded down to the nearest half-hour.
Class sessions will be held in downtown Chicago (location TBD), and are also available online. While we strongly encourage online participants to view the class live, recordings are also available.
Dates and Times:
The course begins on September 26, 2019, and runs through March 26, 2020. Class sessions are held on Mondays and Thursdays, 6:00pm - 7:45pm Central Time at a downtown Chicago lcoation (TBD)