- AASHTO LRFD Approach to Dynamic Analysis
- Basic Requirements of Structural Dynamics
- Elastic Dynamic Responses
- Inelastic Dynamic Responses
- Analysis for Earthquake Loads
- AASHTO LRFD Approach to Seismic Loads
- Seismic Hazard
- Site Effects
- Seismic Hazard Characterization
- Importance Categories
- Seismic Performance Zones (National/Illinois)
- Response Modification Factors
- Combination of Seismic Force Effects
- Calculation of Design Forces
- Introduction to Displacement Based Design -- New This Year
- Brief overview of Displacement Based method
- Comparison of Displacement Based vs. Force Based Methods
- Analysis and Design Example using AASHTO LRFD Approach to Dynamic Analysis
- Analysis and Design Example using IDOT Bridge Manual Approach to Seismic Design (both 1000 years and 500 year EQ)
All sessions will be from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm via ZOOM.
- Monday, September 14, 2020
- Wednesday, September 16, 2020
- Monday, September 21, 2020
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020
This course provides 7.5 hours of CE hours. CE certificates will be emailed to attendees within a week after the class.
Member - $325
You'll receive a code to access the Webinar 2-3 days before the event.
About the Speakers
Tony Shkurti, Ph.D., SE, PE, serves as a Great Lakes bridge lead engineer and Associate Vice President in HNTB and is a nationally recognized authority in structural engineering. His research includes seismic retrofit of bridge substructures, redundancy of bridge superstructures, bracing systems, fatigue and fracture behavior of steel bridges, infrastructure security risk assessment and mitigation and vehicular impact analysis. He has presented and published in numerous venues.
Johann Aakre, SE, PE serves as the Bridge and Structure Department Manager for Michael Baker International in Chicago. He has seismic design experience in the Midwest and California. He holds a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering from UC-Berkeley and a BS in Civil Engineering from The George Washington University.