SEAOI is pleased to present a full-day seminar on the topic of Seismic Design of Bridges using AASHTO LRFD.
- AASHTO LRFD Approach to Dynamic Analysis
- Basic Requirements of Structural Dynamics
- Elastic Dynamic Responses
- Inelastic Dynamic Responses
- Analysis for Earthquake Loads
- AASHTO LRFD Approach to Seismic Loads
- Seismic Hazard
- Site Effects
- Seismic Hazard Characterization
- Importance Categories
- Seismic Performance Zones (National/Illinois)
- Response Modification Factors
- Combination of Seismic Force Effects
- Calculation of Design Forces
- Analysis and Design Example using AASHTO LRFD Approach to Dynamic Analysis
- Analysis and Design Example using IDOT Bridge Manual Approach to Seismic Design, (both 1000 years and 500 year EQ)
This course provides 7.5 hours of Continuing Education credit. CE certificates will be emailed to attendees after the class.
Hilton Garden Inn
3100 South Dirksen Parkway
The registration fee is just $205 for members, $310 for non-members through February 16, 2018. After that, prices increase to $280 and $385, respectively. A continental breakfast and lunch are included in the registration fee.
About the Speakers
Tony Shkurti, Ph.D., SE, PE, is an HNTB Fellow and Associate Vice President, serves as a Great Lakes bridge lead engineer, and is a nationally recognized authority in structural engineering. His research includes seismic retrofit of bridge substructures, redundancy of bridge superstructures, bracing systems, fatigue and fracture behavior of steel bridges, infrastructure security risk assessment and mitigation and vehicular impact analysis. He has presented and published in numerous venues, and currently serves as the President of the SEAOI Board of Directors.
Johann Aakre, SE, PE is a Section Manager in HNTB’s Chicago office. He has a Master’s Degree in Structural Engineering from UC-Berkeley and a BS in Civil Engineering from The George Washington University. He serves on the SEAOI Board of Directors.