The Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards Competition takes place each year to recognize creative achievement in structural engineering via innovative structural designs and individual contributions that advance the profession.
Congratulations to the 2020 Finalists
- AIRE Ancient Baths Chicago, The Structural Group
- The Old Chicago Post Office, WSP USA and WJE
- Roselle Road Pedestrian Bridge, Ciorba Group, Inc.
- Dream Catcher, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- CTA Belmont Gateway Canopy, CastConnex
- One Thousand Museum, DeSimone Consulting Engineers
- Columbia College Chicago Student Center, Rockey Structures, LLC
- Chase Center, Magnusson Klemencic Associates
- Tower 12, Cary Kopczynski & Company
- Willis Tower Repositioning, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- 727 W Madison, WSP USA
- Winona Bridge Rehabilitation and Reconstruction, Michael Baker International
- University of Maryland College Park, Cole Field House Renovation and Reconstruction, CannonDesign
- Expo 2020 Dubai Al Wasl Trellis, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- Richard J. Daley College Pedestrian Bridge, CannonDesign
- 100 Mount St., Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP
- Cloud Buster, Thornton Tomasetti, Inc.
- TH 53 Rouchleau Mine Bridge, Parsons
The winners are announced at the Annual Awards Banquet each year.
Awards will be given in the categories listed below.
- Lavicka Award - Small Firm/Small Project
- Best Project - up to $10 Million
- Best Project - $10 Million to $50 Million
- Best Project - $50 Million to $150 Million
- Best Project - > $150 Million
- Best Renovation/Retrofit Project
- Best Bridge/Transportation Project
- Best Industrial/Utility Project
- Best Neighboring State Project
- Jurors' Favorite/Most Innovative Structure
- Best Special Structure - NEW IN 2020!