Senior Structural Enginer
Delta Engineering Group is a growing multidiscipline engineering firm located in Chicago, IL. Founded in 1987, Delta specializes in transportation and public works infrastructure for a multitude of agencies which include: IDOT, Tollway, CDOT, Cook County, CDWM, MWRDG and others. We offer Civil, Structural and Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering design services for both horizontal and vertical construction.
Our project experience includes: bridges, retaining walls, roadway and multi-lane freeway/expressway design, ADA design, intersection improvements, traffic signals, utilities coordination, roadway complex lighting, Intelligent Transportation Systems and HVAC, fire protection, plumbing and electrical distribution.
How To Apply: Send email and cover letter to: email@example.com
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and self-directed with a background in bridges, culverts, retaining walls and other transportation-related structures. As lead designer, the selected candidate will be responsible for managing small projects.
Project Planning & Coordination Responsibilities
• Assist project managers with scoping, man-hours estimation, and budgeting for structural scope.
• Plan the project schedule and milestones.
• Coordinate with other departments for multi-discipline projects.
• Coordinate with other designers to determine best design solution.
• Supervise and direct junior designers, technicians and drafters. Provide clear guidance and instruction for timely completion of deliverable.
• Occasional client coordination to verify requirements and to facilitate design development.
• Prepare and assemble plans, specifications, cost estimates (PS&E) from schematic design through to final design including bid packages.
• Perform structural analysis and design for new structures.
• Perform structural analysis and design for rehabilitation of existing structures.
• Prepare Type, Size and Location (TS&L) structure plans.
• Perform construction related services including shop drawing reviews, RFI responses and occasional construction site observation.
• Prepare load rating calculations for new and existing structures.
• BS in Civil Engineering with emphasis in structures (M.S. in Structural engineering preferred)
• 10+ years of progressively responsible and relevant experience
• Illinois licensed PE (SE preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge and experience with structural analysis softwares
• Knowledge of client specific bridge/structures analysis, design and detailing requirements
• Knowledge of applicable design codes for bridge analysis, design and detailing. (AASTHO, etc)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity software