At Wight & Company, we believe in the power exceptionally designed and built spaces have to positively impact people’s lives, whether those spaces are where they live, learn, work, or play. That’s why we pioneered integrated Design & Delivery, a model that brings architecture, engineering, and construction under one roof to streamline the complex process of bringing buildings and spaces to life. For more than 75 years, our team of professionals has blended exceptional design with sustainable planning and construction principles to create vibrant, healthy, high-performing environments. We were the first company to receive Green Firm Certification from the Sustainable Performance Institute (SPI), and are the architect of more than 80 LEED certified or registered projects. Although our work is widespread, our hometown roots are deep. Some of our most notable local achievements include master planning for the Village of Oak Brook, restoration of the magnificent Tiffany Dome at the Chicago Cultural Center, design of the $89 million New Trier High School renovation, and design and construction of The Hatchery, a new food business incubator in Chicago’s East Garfield Park community. For more information about us, visit www.wightco.com.
Wight & Company is a leading Architectural, Engineering and Construction firm that has been rated by the Chicago Tribune as one of Chicago’s Top Workplaces!
Wight brings together experts from different disciplines to work collaboratively as a single unit. We continue to pioneer new ways to meld our world-class capabilities and sustainable design principles to create exceptional, enduring spaces for our clients. We value honesty and integrity – with each other, with our trade partners and with our clients. Our firm places emphasis on teamwork – listening, contributing, guiding and learning.
We are growing our building engineering team and we currently seek a mid-level Structural Engineer to join our team in our Darien office location. This individual will be a structural lead Engineer for the design of building projects.
• Integral member of a collaborative design process with Architects, Engineers and Construction professionals in an integrated work environment
• Provide structural engineer design, analysis, drawing production and construction administration services for a wide variety of building types
• Involvement in projects from inception through construction under various project delivery methods
• Research and implementation of new technologies, systems and materials in award winning projects
• 6 - 10 years building structural engineering experience
• BS and MS Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
• PE or SE license preferred
• Revit Structure experience preferred
• RAM Structural System, SAP2000, Enercalc experience preferred
• Strong communication/presentation skills a must
We offer great benefits, a friendly work environment and state-of-the-art offices. Team players and self-motivators with a solid engineering background are encouraged to apply. Visit our website at www.wightco.com and send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.