Structural Engineer Department Lead
Knight specializes in a wide variety of engineering and architecture planning, design and management projects. With more than 130 professionals trained in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, construction engineering and architectural services, Knight is able to provide innovative design and management solutions to both public and private clients from our offices in Chicago, Springfield and Bolingbrook, Illinois and from our Onalaska, Wisconsin location. Knight’s experienced staff coupled with first-class customer service ensures that we are consistently called upon to provide our clients with high-quality projects that exceed their expectations.
Knight is seeking an experienced licensed Structural Engineer to manage and lead our structural practice. The candidate will be responsible for managing the design of a variety of project assignments with a focus on Client relations and the design on Illinois highway and transportation related structures –manage projects and team from conception to construction – mentor, train and develop less experienced staff - support and oversee the preparation of construction documents.
Knight offers a competitive salary and outstanding benefit package including health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance and AD&D, short and long term disability insurance, tuition reimbursement 401(k) plan with company match, paid vacation and holidays. Think you might be a good fit? Submit your resume and cover letter to www.knightea.com. Knight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Strong leadership skills and project management experience to lead a department
• Strong technical background in the design of transportation related structural designs
• The ability to analyze design, plan and manage installations
• Demonstrate the ability to work with a multi- functional team and be a results oriented leader
• Illinois SE License Required
• A minimum of 15 years of design experience in an engineering/architectural environment
• M.S. in Structural preferred