Sr. Forensic Structural Engineer
American Structurepoint creates projects that people and communities value. We specialize in delivering innovation and vision in Architecture + Interiors, Engineering + Infrastructure, Planning + Economic Development, IT Solutions, and Investigative services from concept to completion. Collaboration and teamwork comprise the foundation of everything our firm does. Using the expertise of 450 in-house professionals and consultants working across 11 disciplines, American Structurepoint strives to deliver the best design solutions—one business, one community at a time.
Our Investigative Group concentrates on the evaluation and assessment of new and existing facilities. Our expertise includes detailed knowledge of various construction methods and building materials used within the construction industry. You will join a team of licensed professional engineers, structural engineers, architects, and fire investigators and work together from site investigations to writing and filing reports, offering a personal touch to clients.
We are seeking an experienced Structural Engineer that has a passion for problem solving to join our team as a Forensic Structural Engineer in our Illinois office. The ideal candidate will be technically skilled, motivated, and have excellent oral and written communication skills. This person will perform a wide range of forensic investigations related to damage, deterioration, and repair of structures as well as facility condition assessment studies for a variety of clients.
Primary responsibilities will include evaluations of commercial, residential, industrial and municipal facilities. The position requires direct daily contact with clients and staff in addition to the production of technical reports. The Forensic Structural Engineer will also be asked to lead assessment teams on technical assignments, develop client relationships, and generate business. Position requires frequent local and occasional regional travel. Motivated individuals will have opportunities for advancement within an entrepreneurial and growing company.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Structural Engineering (MSCE Preferred) from an accredited engineering school
• Registered Structural Engineer or Professional Engineer in Illinois or eligible for licensure
• 8+ years’ experience
• AutoCAD and/or Revit experience
• Investigative/Forensic engineering evaluations
• Structural/building design in masonry, wood, concrete and steel
• Production of structural construction documents
• Developing & maintaining client relationships
• Writing technical reports
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding, work from heights, walk roofs, access crawl spaces/areas of limited accessibility, and lift or move objects weight up to 50 lbs
• Ability to stand on ones’ feet for prolonged periods of time, as well as the ability to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time