Sr. Structural Engineer
Globetrotters Engineering is a full-service professional organization based in Chicago that has served the public and private sectors since 1974 in the areas of design, management, and consulting. With 200+ personnel, we draw upon highly qualified and experienced staff with diverse expertise to provide cost-effective, sustainable, and responsive services to our clients.
Globetrotters provides architecture, engineering, construction management, permit plan reviews, facility and property management, consulting, and IT services. We are committed to planning, designing, constructing, and managing quality and sustainable infrastructure projects that play an integral role in the development and success of the communities we serve.
Globetrotters Engineering is seeking a motivated and talented Sr. Structural Engineer for employment in our downtown Chicago office to contribute to our transportation team. You will be involved in bridge design, bridge inspection and construction engineering projects and other structural transportation-related projects.
In this position you will::
• Perform complex structural analysis and design for transportation and bridge projects
• Develop plans, specifications, and design calculations
• Write reports, evaluations, and feasibility studies
• Perform bridge load ratings and load rating reports
• Conform to company’s quality control standards
• Use engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents
• Serve as project manager as professional experience and growth dictates
• Complete projects within budget and schedule
• Work closely with departmental management, other senior professionals and other team members
• Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex technical issues
• Able to work independently, but also in a team environment
• B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
• S.E. license required
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in Civil/Transportation projects
• Familiarity of structural engineering software like ETPier, MDX, Merlin-Dash, etc.
• Working knowledge of Micro station, GeoPak
• Working knowledge of MS Office products
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
• Master’s degree in Civil Engineering with Structural Engineering emphasis