Mid-Level Transportation Structural Bridge Engineer
The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction observation phase services for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities. By utilizing the experience of our highly educated and talented professional staff of over 110 employees in eight office locations; we offer a standard of excellence and a dedication to exceptional service on every project.
Our approach to working with clients originates with our belief in utilizing the most up to date technologies, forming committed client and community relationships, and remaining entirely accessible to both customer and/or end user. Our commitment to the communities and environments we work in is the hallmark of our success. How we work starts with who we are.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform all necessary analysis, design, and detailed tasks for transportation structure projects
• Perform in-depth review of design calculations performed by others
• Develop quantities, construction plans and specifications
• Perform the geometric layout and planning of transportation structures
• Perform condition inspections of transportation structures
• Complete condition reports including estimates of cost and time
• Evaluate shop drawings
• Participate in the management of projects
• Assist in the development of entry-level bridge engineers
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis
• 3 - 5+ years of relevant bridge engineering experience
• Current Engineer Intern License in the state of Illinois or ability to obtain in 6 months
• Proficiency with MicroStation, MS Office, spreadsheet development, and analysis software such as or like RISA-3D
• Proficiency using bridge design software
• Familiarity with structural standards and publications
• Proven experience in working on multiple projects concurrently and following budgets and schedules
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering and construction documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and specifications, and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from clients, public stakeholders and fellow employees.
• Master’s degree in Structural Engineering
• Structural Engineering License
• Experience with GEOPAK