Entry-Level Transportation Structural Engineer
The Bacon Farmer Workman and Marcum Engineering family of companies are committed to providing multi-disciplined, full-service engineering excellence through planning, design, and construction observation phase services for Civil, Structural, Transportation, Mechanical and Electrical projects of diverse complexities. By utilizing the experience of our highly educated and talented professional staff of over 110 employees in eight office locations; we offer a standard of excellence and a dedication to exceptional service on every project.
Our approach to working with clients originates with our belief in utilizing the most up to date technologies, forming committed client and community relationships, and remaining entirely accessible to both customer and/or end user. Our commitment to the communities and environments we work in is the hallmark of our success. How we work starts with who we are.
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform analysis, design, and detailing tasks of transportation structures under the supervision of a senior engineer
• Perform the detailed checking of design calculations performed by others
• Develop quantities, construction plans and specifications
• Perform geometric layout and planning of transportation structures
• Perform condition inspections of transportation structures
• Assist with the completion of condition reports including estimates of cost and time
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis
• Current Engineer Intern License in the state of IL or MO or ability to obtain in 6 months
• Proficiency with MS Office, spreadsheet development, and analysis software such as or like RISA-3D
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering and construction documents, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and specifications, and effectively communicate information and respond to questions from clients, public stakeholders, and fellow employees.