Senior Structural Engineer/Structural Team Lead
Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC provides exceptional, innovative, and comprehensive solutions, while building trusted partnerships with our clients.
Kaskaskia Engineering Group, LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer to lead our Structural Team. Qualified candidates will have a solid technical background, a strong sense of project ownership/responsibility, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. This position may include performing and/or leading field investigations; engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations; design and development of plans and specifications; construction observation and inspection; report writing for the services provided; research and resolve design and construction problems; apply sound engineering principles; and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and internal and/or external team members.
The successful candidate will possess effective development and leadership skills for which to plan, schedule, conduct, and coordinate technical work on major projects. S/He will mentor junior Team Members in preparing current status information for internal and external reporting and for keeping clients informed on progress. The candidate should have a BS in Civil Engineering, both a PE and SE license in Illinois, the ability to secure PE and SE licensures in other states, and 10+ years of progressively challenged structural design experience.
Responsibilities May Include:
• Provide guidance and leadership in development and implementation of all structural projects and initiatives
• Define clear goals and develop steps for proper execution on a wide range of municipal and private structural engineering designs including; preparing construction plans, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Prepare technical memoranda, reports, and electronic deliverables.
• Assisting with studies and alternative analysis.
• Developing understanding of regulatory and permitting requirements for a variety of jurisdictions.
• Field activities such as site investigations or seasonal construction inspection.
• Data collection, analysis, and documentation.
• Facilitate client meetings, proposal research and writing assignments.
• Work with various internal and external partners to facilitate orderly execution of projects.
• Perform all work in a safe manner and with equitable treatment towards all.
Typical Projects may include but are not limited to:
• Planning and Design of Simple or multi-cell cast-in-place box culverts
• Prepare Bridge Condition Reports (BCR’s)
• Prepare Type, Size and Location plans (TS&L)
• Planning and Design of new or rehabilitated simple single span bridges
• Planning and Design of new or rehabilitated deck beam bridges
• Planning and Design of deck scarification with overlay bridges
• Design of minor repairs to continuous span structures
• Planning and Design of new or rehabilitated multi-span structures of various types
• Planning and Design of multi-modal structures such as rail or transit facilities
• Design of retaining walls and noise walls of various types and heights
• Load ratings for bridges in accordance with AASHTO and state DOT guidelines
• Perform Quality Assurance of structural work done by others
• Perform bridge inspections in accordance with NBIS guidelines
• Planning and Design of pedestrian and bike path structures
• Perform structural design for lift stations
• Design of various types of highway and informational sign structures
• Ability to Plan and Design advanced or complex bridges in the future
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 10-15 years’ experience.
• Professional Engineer (PE) required.
• Licensed Structural Engineer (SE) in Illinois required.
• Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing, and standard office software.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems including but not limited to MicroStation and AutoCAD Civil3D drafting.
• Must possess a valid driver's license.