Structural Design Engineer
Engineering Resource Associates, Inc. (ERA) is a consulting firm providing civil engineering, structural engineering, environmental science, and surveying services to clients throughout Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. Our diverse clientele includes municipalities, park districts, forest preserve districts, sanitary districts, county agencies, and state agencies. We have more than two decades of experience identifying and working with a wide variety of local, state and federal funding sources. Our staff of professionals include licensed engineers, structural engineers, surveyors, environmental scientists, certified floodplain managers and CAD/GIS specialists.
Engineering Resource Associates, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Structural Design Engineer for our structural department in our Warrenville office. This position would primarily be working on structural projects, but would also assist on other transportation and infrastructure projects as needed. These projects will primarily involve design and inspection of bridge and transportation structures. The ideal candidate will be someone just starting their career in engineering and looking to proceed with a focus in structural engineering and looking to eventually get their structural engineering license.
The candidate must have these basic qualifications/requirements:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
* EIT certification
* One (1) year+ experience in design of bridges and transportation structures
* Good Working knowledge of CADD
* MSCE with an emphasis in Structural Engineering
* Working knowledge and use of MicroStation and MathCad
* Working knowledge of the basic structural design applications and programs
* Good communication and organizational skills
* Ability to interact and work effectively and productively
* FHWA - NHI - Safety Inspection of In-Service Bridges training is a plus.
* Performing structural analysis, design, and plan preparation for bridges and/or transportation structures
* Ability to perform bridge inspections, assessments and preparation of reports
* Client interface and project coordination
* Coordinate work with other disciplines in a professional manner
* Considering local candidates only