Project Structural Engineer
REX Engineering Group is a fast-growing company, looking for individuals who want to help shape our firm. REX provides Structural Engineering out of our Naperville/Chicago office, MEP Engineering out of our Los Angeles Office, and Construction Services out of our Chicago, Charlotte, and Orlando offices. We’re working to expand our services and capabilities in these and other markets. We place primary importance on collaborating together and with our clients, focusing on building relationships as we provide the highest level of service to our clients and our projects. We empower our people, and work with them to develop opportunities to enrich their careers.
For more information about REX, please visit our website at rexeg.com.
REX Engineering Group is seeking a self-motivated, client focused, Structural Engineer to join our Structural Engineering team in our Naperville / Chicago office. Candidate shall have a minimum of 5 years of design experience, a Bachelor’s degree, and have a higher level of understanding of the consulting engineering industry. Candidate shall have proficiency in structural analysis and design software, AutoCAD and Revit software, Microsoft Office products, and other related building codes and standards. Having an Illinois Structural Engineer license (S.E.) is preferred, as is the ability to obtain licensure in other states.
Candidate should be able to work independently on all design aspects of projects, work with other disciplines to manage projects effectively, and manage the production and delivery of design documents. Engineer may work on several concurrent projects. Ability to provide mentoring and guidance for colleagues a plus.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective problem-solving skills, strong organizational and decision-making skills are required. Ability to work on multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment is key. Participation in internal office collaboration and the external professional community is encouraged.
• 5+ years of experience in design of structural systems.
• B.S. in Structural Engineering from ABET-accredited school. Masters degree preferred.
• Experience in light gage, wood, masonry, and steel connection design a plus.
• S.E. license in Structural Engineering in Illinois preferred.
• Ability to get licensed in additional states preferred.
• Design-build experience a plus.
• Active in professional organizations a plus.
• Experience writing and editing specifications.
• Excellent organization, delegation, and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Create building system concepts, and participate in early project charettes to identify opportunities and challenges with entire design team.
• Performs structural engineering design responsibilities on multiple projects, including establishing criteria and standards, and preparing calculations, reports, and project drawings and specifications.
• Collaborates with client, architect, other disciplines, and contractor to provide appropriate, cost-effective, and coordinated solutions.
• Works to establish and build relationships with team members, both internal and external.
• Performs construction administration services including RFI’s and submittals, and site visits as required.
• Opportunity to participate in business development efforts.