Sr. Bridge Engineer
Come join the Farnsworth Group team and find out why our employees have earned us the Great Place to Work certification year after year! Farnsworth Group is a 130-year-old, employee-owned Engineering, Architecture and Land Surveying firm with more than 500 employees. We are offering employment opportunities located throughout a nationwide network of offices. Give us a closer look and discover why we are a Great Place to Work!
Farnsworth Group is seeking a Sr. Bridge Engineer in one of the following office locations: Chicago, Lisle, Peoria, Bloomington, Springfield, or Champaign, IL; St. Louis, MO; Nashville, TN; Indianapolis, IN; Denver, Fort Collins, or Colorado Springs, CO. In this role, you will be a key individual within a client focused, technically excellent Transportation Structural Engineering team that serves local and nationwide clients in the support of multiple design projects.
• Serve in a lead technical role on bridge design projects.
• Perform complex structural planning, analysis and design for all structural aspects of transportation projects.
• Work on projects that typically include bridge (steel plate girders, prestressed concrete, reinforced concrete), box culverts, retaining walls and interchange design for highway and railway projects.
• Serve as a technical specialist or project manager (scope, schedule, budget, and quality) on mid-sized projects, and supervise more junior engineers in the performance of engineering tasks.
Specific Requirements include:
• Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering with a focus on Structural Engineering
• Licensed Professional Engineer
• 10+ years of bridge engineering experience
• Proven hands-on experience in all aspects of bridge design projects.
• Experience using structural analysis programs and bridge design software.
• Demonstrated leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work with various teams.
• Project management skills desirable.
• Strong communications skills and willing to work in a team environment.
• Must be comfortable being viewed as a technical expert in engineering analysis and design and have a proven background of technical leadership on bridge projects.
• Experience working with DOT and/or Tollway Facility Bridge projects.
• Masters in Structural Engineering
• Licensed Structural Engineer (SE)
• Experience working on IDOT and ISTHA bridge projects
• Familiarity with engineering software packages such as: MicroStation, OpenBridge Designer Connect Edition (LEAP Bridge Steel, LEAP Bridge Concrete, RM Bridge, etc.), LEAP CONSYS, LPile, Erikkson Culvert, AASHTOWare BrR, RISA-3D, SPW911, Mathcad/Mathcad Prime, Enercalc, or BlueBeam
Hybrid Work Program:
Farnsworth Group appreciates that flexibility and work-life balance are an important aspect in the careers and lives of our employees. Our Hybrid Work Program offers employees a flexible work arrangement while contributing to the culture and success of the Company.
Featured benefits and perks include:
• 401(k) with 100% Company Match up to 5%
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plans
• Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
• Short & Long-Term Disability
• Maternity and Paternity Leave
• Professional Development and Training
• Mentoring Program
• Paid Time Off
• Wellness/Fitness Reimbursements
Statement on Diversity and Inclusion:
Farnsworth Group is a collection of employees with unique backgrounds and perspectives that all come together to make us a better Company. It is our goal to recruit, hire, develop, retain, and promote a diverse group of people. Join us…and let’s make a difference, together.
Farnsworth Group, Inc. is proud to be a M/F Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA employer.
For immediate consideration, please Apply Online by clicking on the link below
or visit the Farnsworth Group website at www.f-w.com and click on the careers link.
(See Job Description for job requirements)