Sr. Bridge Engineer
Globetrotters is a full-service professional organization based in Chicago that has served the public and private sectors since 1974 in the areas of design, management, and consulting. With 200+ personnel, we draw upon highly qualified and experienced staff with diverse expertise to provide cost-effective, sustainable, and responsive services to our clients.
Globetrotters provides architecture, engineering, construction management, permit plan reviews, facility and property management, consulting, and IT services. We are committed to planning, designing, constructing, and managing quality and sustainable infrastructure projects that play an integral role in the development and success of the communities we serve.
Globetrotters is seeking a talented Sr. Bridge Engineer for complex structure design projects.
This is an on-site position.
In this position, you will:
• Lead technical role on bridge design projects
• Perform complex structural analysis and design for transportation and bridge projects
• Develop plans, specifications, and design calculations
• Write reports, evaluations, and feasibility studies
• Perform bridge inspections
• Perform bridge load ratings and load rating reports
• Conform to company’s quality control standards
• Use engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents
• Serve as project manager as professional experience and growth dictates
• Complete projects within budget and schedule
• Work closely with departmental management, other senior professionals and other team members
• Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving complex technical issues
• Work independently, but also in a team environment
We are looking for someone who has:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
• Licensed Structural Engineer (S.E.) in the State of Illinois
• 10 years of experience with various types of bridges, including analysis, design, and plan development of new and rehabilitation projects.
• Thorough understanding of AASTHO LRFD Bridge Specs and IDOT, ISTHA, and CDOT policies and procedures
• Experience in managing a project from inception to completion
• Working knowledge of MicroStation, OpenRoads, and GeoPak.
• Proficiency in structural engineering software like MDX, etc.
• Working knowledge of MS Office products
• Knowledge of other engineering disciplines
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and organizations skills (with both internal and external clients)
• Master’s degree in Structural Engineering or Civil (with Structural emphasis)
At Globetrotters, you are offered the diverse opportunities that are found at a larger firm, but are within the more collaborative and close-knit environment of a mid-size firm. Your perspective and exceptional skills will be valued here.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.