Landmark is the leading design-build contractor in the elevated water storage tank market and the originator of the Composite Elevated Tank - the predominant design used in the industry. Our highly visible structures are a focal point for many communities across the US and Canada. In addition to water infrastructure, Landmark provides design and construction services for delivery of high-profile projects in the industrial, petrochemical, power, and mining markets.
Among Landmark's many competencies are a high level self-perform expertise in EPC and Design-Build Contracting, Contract Management, Engineering, Fabrication, Civil Construction, Coatings and Asset Management. We focus on complex technical design-build-maintain business opportunities that are challenging and highly valued which in turn provides the opportunity to differentiate as a specialist. Our goal is to be the preferred partner in the industries we serve.
The Structural Engineer provides a range of engineering support in a fast-paced design-build environment for tanks and tank-related structures for the municipal water and industrial markets.
- Provide engineering for large capacity, field erected storage tanks. Analyze/design steel plate and reinforced concrete structures. Interpret geotechnical reports to select and design complex foundations.
- Apply customer specifications, design standards, and building codes including: AWWA D107 & D100, IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC.
- Direct and oversee detailing work; prepare & seal calculations and drawings.
- Perform post-design services for troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provide specialist support and interact closely with other departments: QA/QC, Safety, Construction Operations, Project Management, Procurement.
- Work with estimators to prepare bid designs; review vendor submittals.
- Design construction equipment and systems; develop erection procedures.
- Design appurtenant structures in wood, masonry, structural and cold-formed steel.
- Bachelor's degree in Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineer or Structural Engineer license, or ability to become a licensed PE/SE.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a design engineer role for similar structures.
- Practical knowledge of the construction of storage tank projects.
- Working knowledge of codes & standards: AWWA, IBC, ASCE, ACI, and AISC.
- Design-Build project experience.
- Familiarity with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software.
- Practical knowledge of the fabrication of storage tanks.
- Proficiency with drafting software including AutoCAD/Inventor.