Senior Structural Engineer
For more than 30 years, SINGH + Associates has been providing high quality planning, design, and engineering services delivered with care and attention. Our expertise spans a full range of capabilities that are instrumental in the development of effective public infrastructure including: Civil | Transportation, Electrical | ITS, Lighting Design, MEP|FP, Structural, and CM Services. Based in Chicago, with offices in 3 additional states, our clients include major state transportation agencies, municipal departments and agencies, and K-12 to higher education systems and schools.
SINGH is founded on a core set of values that impact our team, our clients, our partners, and our work. Our employees operate in a values-driven culture that permeates our work style and operations. We emphasize INTEGRITY, EQUALITY, GRATITUDE, and KINDNESS. Living these values every day makes SINGH + Associates an enjoyable team to work with and an enriching and satisfying place to work.
If you are ready to take your career to the next level, or if it is time for a new challenge, consider the many benefits of joining Singh & Associates. SINGH is seeking a Structural Engineer to join our transportation team in Chicago, IL to support our clients and connect people, businesses, and communities.
Our trajectory of growth is exciting!
We want great people, interested in making a difference, to find long-term solutions for the communities in which we live and work. SINGH is dedicated to the public sector. Our core clients include the Illinois Tollway, Illinois DOT, Ohio DOT, and Wisconsin DOT, as well as major local agencies including Cook County, the City of Chicago, and local transit agencies. At SINGH, how we work is as important as what we do. We believe in a collaborative, supportive workspace.
The Structural Engineer position will provide an opportunity to work on conventional and simple to moderate bridge and structural projects. This is a new position for an exceptional individual ready to begin the next stage of their professional career. The qualified individual will be the primary point of contact for clients, managing small-to-medium projects.
SINGH is committed to individual opportunity and the professional development of our employees. Built on a legacy of signature transportation achievements, SINGH helps state and local governments achieve better transportation performance, along with enhanced livability and environmental stewardship. No matter the challenge or goal, our team of transportation professionals offer a wide range of capabilities and talents that allow our clients to succeed.
SINGH is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. SINGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SINGH does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in civil or structural engineering with an emphasis in structures from an accredited university
• 5 or more years related structural engineering experience with a strong emphasis in the design of bridges and structures.
• Multiple cell box culverts, single span bridges, deck beam bridges, deck scarification with overlay and minor repairs on continuous span structures.
• Experience in basic single -unit continuous multi-span bridges regardless of seismic zone and basic retaining walls.
• Experience in successfully completing the planning, design, and contract plan development for bridge structures.
• Working knowledge of AASTOWare Bridge Rating software, MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, and Geopak software
• Strong communication, technical, and computer skills
• Ability to work in a team environment, flexibility to adjust as project workload demands change, and the ability to work independently.
• Proficient with various structural design and analysis software.
• Highway bridge inspection experience to include training through FHWA/NHI
• Highway bridge design experience.
• Railroad bridge experience
• Licensed Illinois Structural Engineer (SE)
• Licensed Illinois Professional Engineer (PE)