This webinar will give Young Engineers the opportunity to showcase their projects and experiences and see what their peers are up to. All attendees will receive 1.0 hours of CE credit.
741 N. Wells St - Navigating Recent Chicago Building Code Changes
- Qualifications of wind exposure category B vs D according to the 2019 CBC.
- The addition of a unique cantilevered roof top deck to avoid code upgrades to the adjacent existing building.
- Newly permitted uplift capacities of caissons in Chicago.
The Manufacturer's Perspective - How Steel Joist and Deck are Made
- Define the fabrication process of joist and deck using photos and videos of real production projects
- Understand the ways steel joists can be customized for your project
- Analyze several building examples to demonstrate how joist and deck can be used for an effective structure
The Clare - Facade Access and Repairs
- How repairs are performed on facades of high-rise buildings
- How facade access equipment are tested and certified for use
- Challenges associated with repaired and placing concrete on vertical surfaces
Arkansas Museum of Fine Arts - Concrete Folded Plate Roof
- Folded plate behavior
- Detailing of a concrete folded plate
- Construction coordination to interpret 2D design documents of a 3D shape
1 CE credit will be issued for this event. CE certificates will be emailed to all attendees within a week after the event.