David Field shared a detailed presentation of the unique engineering challenges of Chicago’s newest supertall building, the St Regis Chicago. Highlighted topics included wind tunnel optimization, geometric irregularities, construction sequencing, and differential shortening. The recently opened St Regis Chicago stands 100 stories above the Chicago River.
- How cross-wind respond can be more critical than along-wind response.
- How buttressing and damping control otherwise unacceptable building sway.
- The outsized disruptive effects of blow-through floors to wind forces.
- Member $20
- Non-Member $40
1.0 CE hours
- Enter your email address below.
- Continue through the checkout process.
- You will receive an email confirmation with a personalized link to the webinar page.
- Follow the links on the webinar page to view the recording and to take the quiz for CE credit.