Welcome SEAOI Members!
In addition to discounted registration rates for SEAOI events, courses, dinner meetings, symposia, and trade shows, SEAOI members have access to other outstanding benefits:
- Public Outreach and Volunteering Opportunities are available to members through our participation in various programs like E-Week, Future City Competition, Science Fairs, CANstruction and Engineering Career Days. These avenues are wonderful sources for disseminating into the public the important work that the Structural Engineer does.
- SEAOI's monthly Bulletin, featuring news about the practice of engineering, technical discussions, Continuing Education courses, job opportunities, and other information.
- Illinois Legislative Watch, monitoring and safeguarding legislative activities that may affect the profession through the Government Affairs Committee. Our activities in this area also include protecting the Illinois Structural Engineering Act.
- Membership in NCSEA, the National Council of Structural Engineering Associations, including a subscription to STRUCTURE Magazine.
- Access to the SEAOI Library, a collection of materials that includes historical references and first editions of significant publications.
- Access to the SEAOI Member Directory.