Welcome to the new SEAOI website! Whether you are a practicing engineer, a curious student, or an interested citizen, you can find the information you need here. SEAOI was founded in 1965 to advance and advocate excellence in structural engineering and to aid in safeguarding the public. In 2015, we celebrated 50 years of living out our mission in Illinois.
CE Credit for SE License Renewals
All Illinois Structural Engineer licencses expire on November 30, 2016. Do you have your required Continuing Education Credits? We can help!
SEAOI has over 45 hours of continuing education credit offerings between now and the renewal date.
- October 17 - 24: Refresher Course: Geotechnical Content Area - 5 hours
- October 21: Seismic Design of Buildings (Springfield, IL) - 7.5 hours
- October 26: Structures Symposium (Chicago, IL) - 7.5 hours
- October 27 - November 21: Refresher Course: Seismic/Wind Content Area - 14 hours
- November 1: SEF Lecture: Adventures in Glass - 1.0 hour
- November 9: School of Masonry (Addison, IL) - 7.5 hours
Continuing education is also available for webinars. In order to receive credit, participants must pass a short quiz after viewing the webinar.
- Ethics for Engineers - 2 hours
- Innovative Projects of the 1980's - 1 hour
- Amicus Curiae Briefs (September 2016 Dinner Meeting) - 1 hour (Members Only - FREE!)
- Structural Engineering at Mid-21st Century (Spring 2016 SEF Lecture) - 1 hour (Members Only - FREE!)
Join our mailing list!
SEAOI sends a weekly Tuesday Update email, as well as selected other annoucements for special events and news affecting the engineering community. Use the button below to sign up. You can also indicate your interest in Bridge Events, Central Illinois activities, and the Women's Networking Group.